Some ovens are self cleaning, and others you will need to clean manually. Most people use oven cleaner products which contain harmful chemicals, and are harmful if inhaled. There are easier and better ways to clean your oven racks, with products that do not have the harmful chemicals.
How to Clean Oven Racks Recipe
To clean the oven racks you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 lemons
- Lemon juice
- Baking soda
- Non toxic dish soap
- Spray bottle
- Baking dish
- First, mix the non toxic dish soap with water. Then, using the sponge, scrub inside the oven to get grease out.
- Next, put a little baking soda in the bottom of the oven. Then use water from a spray bottle, and spray it on top of the baking soda. Let that sit overnight, then use sponge to wipe away the gunk. If there is still some that won’t come out, put more baking soda on. This time spray with vinegar instead of water. Let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour, then use sponge to scrub off.
- Take 2 lemons and squeeze the juice into any size baking dish. Fill it with an inch of water. Place the 2 remaining lemons inside the baking dish, and then put it in the oven. Bake at 250 degrees for 30 minutes. This will soften any gunk on the oven racks that is in the oven making cleaning easier. And it also leaves your oven smelling like lemons instead of the burnt smell.
Oven Glass Cleaning
Now clean your oven glass you will need to mix lemon juice, and baking soda. Mix the 2 until it comes to a thick paste. Next, rub it onto the door of the oven. Leave the mixture on for 30 – 45 minutes, then scrub the oven door. This will leave the glass shiny and clear.
A few tips for keeping your oven clean are:
- Clean any spills on your oven when they happen by putting salt on the spill, then close the oven for to let your food continue cooking. After your food is done, turn oven off and allow to cool. Then wipe the spill with your sponge dampened. If it is a larger spill, you can mix half water, and half vinegar to wipe down also.
- And last, always use a cookie sheet on the bottom rack below your baking dish, if you are baking something messy. That will help keep any spills from getting on your oven.
You may also be interested in...
Filed under: Home Cleaning Tips