Below are a number of ways showing how to make dishwasher soap home recipes. How to make dishwasher soap from scratch is as follows.
How to make dishwasher liquid soap without borax recipe
Ingredients needed for dishwasher liquid soap:
- Washing soda (Sodium Carbonate)
- Kosher Salt (Sea Salt)
- Plant Based dish washing Liquid (secret ingredient)
- White Vinegar
- Undiluted Citrus Enzyme
- Juice from half of a lemon
*Note* you will need a large bowl to mix and a bottle for storage. Remember this is a how to make dishwasher soap home recipe. So, you may already have the ingredients in your kitchen.
Directions on how to make dishwasher soap
- 1 tablespoon washing soda (sodium carbonate) Degreaser and disinfectant.
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt (Sea Salt) softens the water. Add more if needed.
- ½ teaspoon Plant Based dish washing liquid soap. (yes, this is the kind that your dishwasher manual warns you not to use!)CAUTION! Do not add any more than a teaspoon because it will make too many suds!! If you do experience too many suds, spray or douse the suds and they will dissipate.
- Place the full strength white vinegar in the closed detergent compartment and in the rinse aid department of your dishwasher.The reason this will rinse dishes after being washed.
- Optional ingredients: 1 tablespoon of undiluted Citrus Enzyme or the juice from half of a lemon. These ingredients will make your dishes and glasses squeaky clean!
- Optional: You can add up to 10 drops of essential oil for scent. (Not sure if this will leave film on your dishes or not)
How to Make Dishwasher Soap Recipe
Below is a another simple all natural way on how to make dishwasher soap.
- One and a half cups of citric acid
- One and a half cups washing soda
- Half cup of baking soda
- Half cup of sea salt
Directions to mix ingredients.
- Mix to combine the recipe ingredients.
- Use one tablespoon per load.
Home Made Dishwasher Soap Recipe
This recipe for borax free dish washing detergent has been found to be one of the best recipes for your dishwasher.
Dishwasher Soap Recipe Ingredients:
- One cup of baking soda
- ¼ cup of citric acid
- ¼ coarse salt
- Home made citrus vinegar cleaner (external site)
Home Made Dishwasher Soap Directions
- Mix the ingredients in a bottle add oil if wanted but not needed. Then mix again thoroughly.
- Fill your rinse aid compartment with undiluted citrus vinegar cleaner.
CAUTION *DO NOT USE MORE THAN A TEASPOON PER LOAD!* If dishes are really greasy you can use up to 1 tablespoon.
- If you believe that you need more dishwashing liquid, make sure you add a little more at a time, not all at once.
Whichever recipe you use for your dishwashing needs, you may need to tweak the recipe depending on your particular dish washing needs.
Do you have any recipes you would like to share