The simple answer is yes. Cooking frozen burgers in the oven is possible, and it works pretty well. You can cook them directly from the freezer with no thawing required and still end up with a juicy burger.
This article will show you a great way to get around not having to wait for burgers to defrost before cooking and saves you precious time. However, the cooking time in the oven is slightly longer since they are frozen.
OK, let’s start; if the burgers are frozen stuck together, very carefully prise them apart with a blunt knife such as a butter knife by gently putting it in the gaps and then twisting. Since the burgers are frozen, the patties are unlikely to fall apart!
We have separated the burgers now. Next, I will show you how to cook frozen burgers in the oven. It comes down to a couple of simple steps, and it’s straightforward to do.
Although there is an increase in the time in the oven cooking from frozen, it will produce a better tasting burger. Once fully cooked, the burger will be brown and crispy on the outside, with the inside cooked perfectly. Cooking frozen burgers in the oven is easy and can be applied to any burger you like. However, you will need to adjust the cooking time, which I will discuss shortly.
Let me point this out before we start; you must thoroughly cook them in the oven; otherwise, there is a risk of raw uncooked meat in the middle. Also, to ensure the burger is safe to eat from frozen, you should be sure to cook them to a safe internal temperature.
How To Cook Frozen Burgers in the Oven
- OK, get an oven tray and line it with foil (the foil is optional but helps to keep the tray clean and less washing up).
- To stop the burgers from sticking, spray the rack with oil. Once done, place the oven rack on top of the oven tray.
- Next, preheat the oven to around 350 degrees ° F (180 ° C). Once the temperature has reached, place the frozen burgers in the oven on the rack, and then cook for around 15 minutes; as burger thicknesses vary, cooking times may need to be adjusted.
- When you can no longer see any red meat or red juices, the burger is now cooked. And they should be golden brown. If not, place the burger back in the oven and cook for a few more minutes to end up with a perfect patty.
- When the burgers have cooked, take them out. Allow them to cool for a few minutes or so before serving, which helps keep the juices inside the burger.
- Cooking frozen burgers in the oven can be a little tricky at first, but once you get used to it, it’s not too bad, but with a bit of time comes perfection. And that tasty burger is definitely worth the little effort. Once you have gotten used to cooking frozen burgers, you will find it easier and much more enjoyable.
So, there you have it, in easy-to-follow steps, how to cook frozen burgers in the oven. So in answer to the question of this article, can you cook frozen burgers in the oven? It’s a resounding yes, and they are tasty too.
To clean the oven tray, remove the foil and wash the oven rack in the dishwasher or dishwashing liquid in hot water to remove any residual food. And then you are ready to go again.