To become a better person you have to change your mindset first. This might be easier said than done, but the first step is to want to change for the better. Secondly, you have to visualize what it is that you want for yourself and work towards achieving it. Lastly, you should do things that make you happy, instead of doing things that will make other people like you more. Doing this will ensure that your actions are genuine and not based on what others think of them.
Here are a number of ways to do this. Be patient with yourself, it’s okay if you make a mistake or screw up. But make sure you learn from it. And do not beat yourself up over it, because that will only make things worse.
1) You should start by changing your mindset. You can do this by focusing on the things that are important in your life and cutting out the things that are not necessary to have in your life. This will help you to become more fulfilled and give you a better mindset.
It will also help you to enjoy your life rather than wasting time on things that have no meaning for you, because the only way to become a better person is to live an enjoyable life.
2) Visualize what it is that you want for yourself, and work towards it. In order for this to happen, do not focus on other people, but rather focus on yourself – your own happiness – and what makes you happy. It is okay if this takes time because it’s something that’s developed over time.
You should not rush this process. If you do not visualize what you want for yourself, you will remain in a state of apathy about your life and will have no specific goals with which to work towards.
3) Do things that make you happy, instead of doing things that will make other people like you more. So start by acting like you enjoy yourself and your life will be better as a result.
4) Be patient with yourself. It’s okay if you make a mistake or screw up, but ensure you learn from it. Don’t be impatient, you will only be focused on the mistakes yourself, and not focused on what you need to do to improve next time. So, try to learn from your mistakes and move on from them as soon as possible.
5) If you live an enjoyable life, other people will want to have a piece of that too. You should not be focused on what others think of you, but rather focus on yourself – your own happiness – and what makes you happy. This will allow others to feel good about being around you.
6) Despise the things in life that hold you back. For example, if you want to be a writer, but you hate typing, the best thing you can do is learn how to type and then focus on writing. Typing is something that will help your writing down the road and thus should be seen as a positive thing.
7) If you find hard to get over a mistake, try to remind yourself that it’s okay to make mistakes if you learn from them. This will help you to stop beating yourself up over the mistake and focus on what you could have done better instead.
8) If you need help, talk to someone who can help you. Be sure not to focus on your problems too much, because this will only pull others down with you. But be sure to talk to someone if you can’t handle your problems on your own.
9) When you become a better person, do not focus on trying to prove anything to anyone, but rather focus on proving things to yourself. Doing this will help you with becoming a better person and will allow those around you to feel good about themselves as well.
People like happy and satisfied people and will often want what they have for themselves.
10) You should follow your own mind and not that of others. As mentioned above, do not focus on what other people are thinking about you. Simply focus on what makes you happy.
Also know that other people will respect you for this. If you are honest with yourself, others will soon come to respect you for this as well.
11) Think positively – the world is a great place. Things that bring you down do not define who you are but define your actions towards those things.
The best thing you can do for yourself is to focus on what is positive about yourself and what makes you happy, instead of what people think of you. This will give you the confidence to see your life as a good one, instead of seeing it as something that is lacking.
The fact of the matter is, we live in a world with problems, and we need to fix them. The good news is that you can be the person who fixes these problems.
12) If you cannot focus on your own happiness, it might be because there is something else that requires your attention.
13) Always try to make an attempt, instead of making an excuse. Don’t let embarrassment stop you from doing things, because sometimes this is what it takes to make things happen.
14) You should focus on the things that are important in life and cut out the things that are not necessary to have in your life.
15) You do not become a better person by trying to make yourself like someone else, but by focusing on yourself and what makes you happy.
If you try to be like someone else, people will always see who it is that you’re trying to be like instead of the person that you really are.
16) If you are focusing too much on what others are thinking of you, it might be a good idea for you to focus on your own feelings.
17) Focus on the truth instead of what other people think. This allows you to live in the real world and not the world of deception that many people live in today.
18) Remember that happiness comes from inside of you and not from what others think of you. If people like you, then that is a bonus, but if they don’t like you, it shouldn’t matter.
19) If you wish to be happy, then take the time to learn everything that you can about happiness. You should not just take things at face value, but rather explore what happiness is and why it makes you happy.
20) Try to focus on the positive, especially if you are having a bad day. It’s easy to make yourself feel worse by focusing on the negative instead.
21) Stop being jealous, it’s best for you to focus on what makes you happy.
22) Only spend time on what makes you happy and spend less time on things that others say or do around you. If it were easy to be happy, then everyone would be happy, but this is not the case.
Instead, many people see this as something that’s quite difficult for them. But if you truly wish to be happy, then you will make this happen for yourself.
23) If someone says something bad about you or does something mean or mean-spirited towards you; do not let it bother you. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. It’s not that they’re always right, but that you can’t always control what they say or do. You can do a great deal of good for yourself by focusing on how you feel about yourself and the things that make you happy.
24) If you make a mistake, don’t dwell on this until it consumes you. Get back up and try again, because this is something that everyone does from time to time even if they don’t mean to. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. The art is to learn from it.
25) If you are jealous, then take the time to learn what jealousy is. This will help you understand the meaning behind jealousy and how it affects your life. Most importantly, it will help you understand why you are feeling tense or insecure about something that’s beyond your control.
26) If there is something that someone else has that you want, take time to focus on this to see what it might be that they have that allows them to have this thing.
See if you can find a way for yourself to have it as well or find a way to make your own thing that allows you to be happy.
27) If you’re someone who constantly worries, it might be because you’re focusing on the wrong things in life. Focus on what is real and what is going to help your life instead of focusing on what is going to bring negativity into your life. Worrying will only hold you back from being happy and this is something that should not happen.
28) Sometimes you need to let go of your feelings in order to be happy. You should not hold on to them since this only makes it harder for you to understand yourself.
What does matter is that you care about the feelings of others, and this will allow your life to be much happier than it would otherwise if you were not able to do so.
29) Focus on what is important in life, not just material things. Material things are not as important as other things, such as love and friendship for example.
If you focus on material things, then it’s very possible that you may miss out on other things in life. Therefore, it’s important for you to focus on what will make you happy and not just what will make you feel better for the moment.
30) Focus on the positive aspects of life and not just the negative aspects. It’s easy to be unhappy if you’re always focusing on all of the bad stuff that happens instead of focusing on all of the good stuff.
There you have it 30 ways to be a better and happier person. Now it’s time to apply these things in your life and see how you feel about yourself and your life. If you can apply these things and truly make them a part of who you are, then you’re on your way to being a better and happier person.