Tell A Friend About This ArticleWe all know how difficult it can be eat healthy at times here are some tips for a healthy diet.
- Drink lots of water not only does it help to fill you up, but very often we confuse hunger with thirst.
- Eat five portions of fruit and vegetables every day.
- Don’t skip breakfast.
- Keep healthy by planing your meals the week ahead. Write a shopping list and stick to it
- Never grocery shop when you’re hungry.
- Keep a supply of healthy snacks to hand such as fresh and dried fruit, raw vegetables like carrots, low-fat fruit yoghurts.
- Remove all visible fat from food before you cook it, for example take the skin off chicken and trim the white fat off any meat.
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine, alcohol and refined sugar.
- Reduce the amount of times you eat out. I know that restaurant is really nice but you will need to watch the calories, but try to treat yourself once a week. And no it doesn’t mean gorge at that single sitting. Just be conservative
- Take your own packed lunch to work or choose healthier alternative such as soup (non Cream) or salads.
- Take it nice and slowly. Don’t cut out food groups all together, such as carbohydrates, in a bid to lose weight quickly it will shock your body and you will crave more. Remember your body needs balance. And don’t do denial – you’ll only end up cracking.
- Like what you eat so don’t eat things just because they’re good for you. I remember once I was dieting and following a popular diet book at the time, as part of the diet you had to eat some kind of grain cereal in the morning I think it was granola for breakfast, it was really good for you but it tasted like soggy cardboard. Just remember don’t do it and find out what works for you.
You may also be interested in...
- Mango Salsa Recipe with Carrots
- Tomato Mango Salsa Recipe
- Bean Salsa Recipe
- Red Hot Salsa Recipe
- What is Fajita Meat