Athletes is caused by a fungus called Trichophyton. The key to getting rid of athlete foot is to stop the fungus growth and to prevent further infection.
We are going to use tea tree oil which is well known for its anti-fungal properties plus it smells good. OK lets start…
- Get a bowl and place roughly 6 drops of tea tree oil in it.
- Now add warm water and soak you feet in it for around 15 minutes each night before going to bed.
- When you have finished ensure you dry your feet thoroughly
- Wash your hands straight away and put the towel to be laundered, as it is possible to spread athletes foot to your groin, arm pits and even your face.
- Repeat this for around two weeks and your itchy feet should stop
To Prevent Athletes Foot
Wash you feet daily. Ensure you wash between your toes and under your nails. Dry your feet thoroughly, in particular between your toes. When drying yourself ensure you start from your head to your feet as this will stop the infection spreading. Tip: If you use a hair dryer to dry you hair, also use it to dry your feet!
Change your socks regularly. Clean breathable, absorbent socks made with cotton will keep your feet dry.
Use Talcum Powder to ensure the moisture from you feet is absorbed thus keeping your feet dry.
Keep you shoes dry and well ventilated will stop the fungus from growing. Try also rotating foot wear to allow each pair of shoes to get ventilated and dry out. This also prevent shoe odor
Change you bedding often. The fungus can be on dead skin which has shed during sleep and the last thing you want is it spreading to another part of your body.