Tell A Friend About This ArticleTo make Hertzog Cookies is really easy and they taste gorgeous just follow the simple recipe below
Hertzog Cookies Ingredients:
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 100gr (1 tablespoon) butter (25gr=10 oz)
- 350gr sugar
- A Pinch of salt
- Yolk from 3 eggs
Hertzog Cookies How to make it
- Rub butter into flour, add sugar and salt.
- Mix to a stiff cookie dough with beaten egg yolks.
- You many need to add a bit of milk if necessary to the cookie mix.
- Grease the patty tins, now roll and cut the Hertzog Cookies into circles big enough to line patty tins.
Hertzog Cookies Filling Ingredients
- 3 quarter cup of castor sugar
- White from 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut
Hertzog Cookie Filling How to make it
- Beat the egg whites so they are stiff while gradually adding sugar.
- Now add the coconut to the Hertzog Cookie filling.
- Place a bit (a little less than half a teaspoon) apricot jam in centre of lined patty tin and fill with coconut mixture.
- Decorate with a piece of glazed cherry if you want to.
- Bake the Hertzog Cookies at 200 c ( 350 f) for 10 minutes.
You may also be interested in...
Filed under: Cooking Tips and Recipes