- Wash your bra often so perspiration and body oils don’t linger. A bra will be worn next to your skin, so it’s essential that it’s free of dirt, sweat and grime.
- Fasten the hooks on the bra before washing. This will prevent them catching on trim or on other clothes and place in a lingerie bag.
- Hand-wash a bra to prolong its life. Use cool water and a gentle soap made for delicate fabrics
- Place the bra in a lingerie bag if you machine-wash it.
- Wash your bra in cool water on the delicate cycle, using a mild detergent.
- Air dry your bra after washing.
- If you are nursing, breast milk generally does not stain. If it does, pre-treat the nursing bra with an enzyme-containing product such as Biz, which will dissolve the protein in the milk stain. Then wash as usual.
- Machine washing under wire bras can result in the wire coming out and lodging in your washing machine. Very expensive!! If you machine-wash these bras, make sure they’re inside a lingerie bag.
- Using harsh detergents on a bra is not only bad for the bra – it may cause irritation around your nipples or skin
- For best results, do not put a bra in the dryer.
If you enjoyed this tip subscribe to the Newsletter
Gentle Mesh Lingerie Wash Bag with Nylon Zipper – (White) $3.49 Amazon
Brassiere From Wikipedia Good info but the picture is a bit tacky tell me what you think, in the comments 🙂
The History of the Bra-An Uplifting Story