- 1/2 Tablespoon Kraft shredded mild cheddar cheese if you want to
- 1 Tablespoon chopped white onion
- 1 regular hot dog roll
- 3 Tablespoons A&W Coney Island Sauce see the recipe below
- 1 Sabrett brand 2 ounce beef frankfurter 7 1/2″ long
Ingredients for A&W Coney Island Chili Dog Sauce
- 1 Cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1-6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon dried, minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
How to make A&W Chili Dog
- In a 2 qt. saucepan, brown the ground chuck, breaking into very
small pieces. Salt and pepper lightly while cooking. Do not drain
the fat. Add the remaining ingredients.
- No simmer, uncovered, 30-45 minutes until Chilli Dog Sauce thickens. Stir occasionally. Allow to cool, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring a 2 qt. saucepan of water to a rolling boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and add the desired number of frankfurters to the water. Cover and let sit about 10 minutes.
- When the frankfurters are cooked, microwave the desired amount of chilli dog sauce until steaming. Now warm the rolls in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Remove the cooked frankfurter, and place in the rolls. Add around 3 tablespoons of your Chili dog sauce and the chopped onion. Add grated cheddar cheese if you want to finish off.