Tell A Friend About This ArticleServes 4
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 green or red bell peppers, each cut into quarters
- 2 medium onions, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter)
- Warmed prepared salsa
How To Cook It
- Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/2-inch thick strips. Thread beef, weaving back and forth, evenly onto skewers.
- Combine dressing and lime juice in small bowl. Brush onto bell peppers, onions and beef. Place vegetables on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- About 10 minutes before vegetables are done, place beef skewers on grid with vegetables. Grill beef, uncovered, about 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove beef from skewers; season with salt. Serve with vegetables and salsa, as desired, in tortillas.
You may also be interested in...
Filed under: Cooking Tips and Recipes